Local Austin Attorney Defending Tax Collection Cases
Attorney Ronald Arthur Stearns will assist you through all facets of settling your tax obligations with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) beginning with the important function of interceding between you and the IRS, so that in most cases you will never speak with anyone from the IRS.
- Your attorney will assist you through the entire process of interacting with the IRS, including but not limited to assisting you in compliance matters, facilitating the preparation and filing of unfiled IRS tax returns and amended returns where appropriate.
- Your attorney will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your IRS tax obligation is reduced to the minimum permissible under the facts and circumstances of your situation.
- Your attorney will obtain records of your account from the IRS that will indicate all earnings and tax payments reported to the IRS.
- Your attorney will defend your IRS tax returns in an audit or at an appeal of an audit.
- Your attorney will file and prosecute a case in tax court for you if the IRS takes positions that are not supported by facts and circumstances or by controlling law.
- Your attorney will investigate reduction or elimination of penalties and interest imposed on top of your IRS tax debt, and file a request for abatement of penalties and interest when appropriate.
- If you timely retain Attorney Ronald Arthur Stearns to represent you or your business, he may be able to stop levies, seizures and garnishments. It is extremely important for this function that you contact your attorney as soon as possible, as many taxpayer rights have important time limits on their availability. There is always something your attorney can do to assist you in IRS tax collection matters, but the sooner you contact your attorney, the more options are open to you.
- Your attorney will analyze the facts and circumstances of your situation to determine which options are best for you, considering possible offers in compromise, currently not collectible status, partial-pay installment agreements, innocent spouse relief and all other options.
- For business owners and the self-employed, your attorney offers a variety of additional services.