- Your attorney will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your IRS tax obligation is reduced to the minimum permissible under the facts and circumstances of your situation.
- Your attorney will obtain records of your account from the IRS that will indicate all earnings and tax payments reported to the IRS.
- Your attorney will defend your IRS tax returns in an audit or at an appeal of an audit.
- Your attorney will file and prosecute a case in tax court for you if the IRS takes positions that are not supported by facts and circumstances or by controlling law.
- Your attorney will investigate reduction or elimination of penalties and interest imposed on top of your IRS tax debt, and file a request for abatement of penalties and interest when appropriate.
- Your attorney will analyze the facts and circumstances of your situation to determine which options are best for you, considering possible offers in compromise, currently not collectible status, partial-pay installment agreements, innocent spouse relief and all other options.
- For business owners and the self-employed, your attorney offers a variety of additional services.
Our law office is open now and can help every new client with legal services to ensure a fair, robust defense. So, if you’re in need of a tax debt collection defense lawyer without delay, contact us now at 210-853-2135.
Why Early Consultation with a Tax Debt Collection Defense Attorney Matters
Dealing with IRS tax debt collectors can be an unwavering pursuit, solely focused on recovering owed funds, regardless of the surrounding circumstances. When faced with the prospect of an IRS tax debt lawsuit, it’s crucial to take action promptly.
In an ideal scenario, taxpayers would rarely find themselves in a situation where IRS tax debt collectors come into play. However, reality is not always ideal, and individuals may encounter circumstances leading them to fall behind on their tax obligations. Whether it’s IRS tax debt stemming from unpaid taxes, penalties, or other financial burdens, once you’re in debt to the IRS, escaping its grasp can prove challenging.
A discovery request is part of the legal process and can form part of the debt collection lawsuit. Debt collection practices may include Interrogatories, a Request for Production, or a Request for Admissions. Failure to provide this information within the stipulated deadline can again lead to loss of the lawsuit, with no further opportunities to defend the debt.
While discovery requests do not specifically require the involvement of a debt lawyer, they can make life infinitely easier. At Ronald Arthur Stearns Sr. PLLC we specialize in debt defense and can advise on the best way to approach the money you owe, potentially dealing with creditors in the process and eliminating the need to continue with a lawsuit.
Do You Have to Pay a Tax Debt?
If you are facing a lawsuit involving an unpaid creditor, you need a debt attorney and our lawyers are on hand to assist with the best possible advice.
Our experienced lawyers immediately disarm some of the most common tactics faced by consumers, such as fear and intimidation.
Many debt collectors are willing to bend the truth on occasion in an attempt to coerce payment. However, our law firm and your assigned attorney will use the powers of both local and federal laws to ensure you only need to deal with legal tax debt collection methods.
Your Debt Collection Defense Attorneys
Your attorney is on your side. They can even move beyond the scope of defending a lawsuit. They will also assess the case from the other side. If a creditor’s firm is found to have exceeded their legal o
ptions or harassed the debtor, your attorney may decide to seek damages which can then contribute to the repayment of the outstanding amount.
Handling Attorney Fees
When under the pressure of debt, the last thing anyone wants to think about when arranging their debt collection defense is attorney fees. The attorney-client relationship with our law office begins from the moment you call and we discuss everything you can expect as the case proceeds.
There we work with clients to understand the circumstances and the actions of a debt collector up to this point. Our defense attorneys will work with the client on the nature of the lawsuit, options to pay th
e money you owe, and the nature of the creditor involved. From that point, we’ll use experience, expertise, and legal information to begin work on a comprehensive debt defense.
Contact Ronald Arthur Stearns Sr. PLLC Today
If you’re facing the pressure of an upcoming financial lawsuit and you’re worried about the possibilities of losing property or even bankruptcy, we’re on hand and ready to help.
You’re not alone in the fight for fair and equitable debt collection, and we’re standing by to ensure you have access to the full scope of the legal system to assist in your case.
With more than two decades of experience battling debt collection lawsuits, Ronald A. Stearns Sr. gives clients facing legal action the best chance of success. Reach out to our office today at 210-853-2135 to discuss these and any other concerns you may have with an experienced IRS tax attorney or Texas wage garnishment attorney at one of our offices in Austin or San Antonio.